Ore Mountains and Saxon Switzerland All-Inclusive
Epic ascents in Saxony and Bohemia – 15/08-19/08/2018
Back in our 2018 programme due to its success in 2017!
In Dresden – “Florence on the Elbe”... one of Germany's most beautiful cities, and outside the Frauenkirche itself, we start our tour of Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland and the Ore Mountains, which will be studded with mountains and cultural and scenic high points.
Over five stages we shall explore everything worth exploring between Germany and the Czech Republic. The Elbe castles, the Hoher Schneeberg, the Mückentürmchen, Langewiese and the hill in Holzhau, where Robert Petzold broke the 24h elevation gain world record in July 2016. Robert will no doubt tell you about this himself in the evenings, as he's one of our tour guides.
There are too many highlights and epic ascents to list here, but we should mention that the tour ends with the Tellerhäuser ascent of the Fichtelberg, the highest point in eastern Germany. After eating together for the last time we’ll shuttle you and your bike back to where we started in Dresden.
An epic tour between Germany and the Czech Republic!
Dresden is very well connected by the autobahn and rail networks.
Journey times to Dresden by train:
- Berlin-Lichtenberg about 3:15 hours (you can arrive at about 9.10am on 2.8.2017)
- Hamburg about 4:10 hours (direct IC)
- Frankfurt about 4:20 hours (ICE). Night train possible.
- Nuremberg about 4:30 hours (Regional train)
- Munich about 5:45 hours (ICE)
- Cologne about 5:45 hours (ICE) or night train via Frankfurt
Guided Bike Tour 15/08-19/08/2018
- Tuesday, 14th August 2018
Those who have booked the additional night beforehand (incl. breakfast) travel independently to Dresden..
- Wednesday, 15th August 2018
Travel to Dresden. Stage One starts at 10am from the Frauenkirche in Neumarkt.
- Thursday, 16th August to Sunday, 19th August 2018, about 9am
Start Stages Two to Five
- Sunday, 19th August 2018, about 2pm
Arrive on the Fichtelberg after the final stage. Final meal. Transport back to Dresden (you and bike). We use an experienced partner to ensure your bike is transported safely.
- Sunday, 19th August 2018, about 7pm
Arrive in Dresden. Travel home independently. Optional additional night to Monday, 10th August.
double and single available